The Rev. Fred Nile has released a ‘six-point program’ to counter the spread of AIDS. Nile’s plan calls for:
- The health minister should stop today’s planned Lesbian and Gay Freedom Day March in Parramatta, which he sees as an invasion of Parramatta that threatens to spread AIDS to Sydney’s western suburbs.
- All gay saunas should be closed indefinitely.
- All homosexual teachers should be transferred to administrative duties.
- A ban on practicing homosexuals donating blood.
- A ban on homosexuals donating semen.
- A restriction of practicing homosexuals travelling to and from Australia, especially to the US.
The health minister has not responded.blood donors / Fred Nile / immigration / Laurie Brereton / protest march / saunas / semen donors / Sydney
Jun 26 1983